Tuesday 6 October 2009

AVRCP Still not active despite bluetooth upgrade

I've been using the hard disk option on my JVC AVX since I bought it earlier in the year because the iPhone BT connection didn't work. However, this changed when 3.0 was released. Huraah! I can now play music over BT through my car speakers, and more importantly, have Navigon/TomTom blurt it's instructions out the same way. However, despite my wife's aged Nokia being able to have it's music controlled from within the unit, Apple have, for some unknown reason, yet to implement AVRCP on the iPhone meaning only play and pause controls are available from the head unit. Apple have released very little information but one would suspect this has something to do with Apple's paranoia over 'the user experience of the iPhone being altered.' It's a real pain though and yet another example of Apple holding back basic technology from their mobile devices.
share on: facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment